Living Room Ideas

During the last few weeks here in Michigan it has been down right freezing! This turn to negative temperatures has gotten me thinking a lot about curling up next to the fire and nrot venturing outside until spring. I have been thinking of fun ways to dress up the living room of the new house. I have always wanted a coastal feeling to the space, casual feeling and airy. That being said, we have been living in apartments for 4 years now and the thought of another white wall makes me cringe.

I have been thinking more about having the walls a nice tan/sand color because I want pops of coral red throughout the room. We are going to be having wood floors throughout a lot of the main level of the house but I would love to have an area rug to warm your bare feet on near the fireplace.



 
Coral colored accents and even pieces of coral would be a nice addition throughout the room. I love these coral embellished pillows from Pottery Barn!






I really like the simplicity of this couch and chaise lounge. Something in a durable woven fabric in an off white or tan would fit in nicely.






We are having a fireplace in the center of the west wall of the house in the living room. That will be flanked by book shelves on either side and will have a nice spot above the mantle for the television. I would love to put a big black and white art print above the fireplace but I'm too practical, and there really isn't another place for a TV.




Comments

Popular Posts